About Bedford Family Connection
Founded in 1988, the Bedford Family Connection is a volunteer-run organization that gives support to local families by providing fun and enriching activities for children ages 0-5 and their parents.
Beyond the obvious benefits of joining and participating in the BFC is the number of friendships it has fostered between families. The BFC provides members with a strengthened sense of community while creating and nurturing important relationships while our children are young. As a member, you will enjoy:
- The monthly BFC newsletter, which lists local and BFC events, news, the playroom schedule, and member classified ads.
- Discounted admission to the BFC playroom.
- Free (or low cost) children’s activities, special events, and parties throughout the year.
- Free (or low cost) parenting workshops.
- Monthly Adult Socials/Mom’s Night Out events.
- Help with starting small, organized playgroups of similarly aged children.
- Opportunities to volunteer in the BFC organization and participate in local charitable events.
To join the BFC, please find our organization on Big Tent https://www.bigtent.com/groups/bfctoday and fill out our membership form. Annual membership is $30 and can be paid online or by check.
- Do you have children older than the BFC crowd? Check outbedfordkids.com for more fun (and local!) stuff for all ages!
- The Children’s Room at the Bedford Public Library has story times and other fun events.
- There’s always something going on through the Bedford Recreation Department so take a look at their website for current programs.
- Bedford Youth and Family Services runs workshops and seminars for parents. Visit their website for more information.
- For more information on local parenting resources, please visit First Connections at www.firstconnections.org.